Monday, February 16, 2009


In Memoriam - Officer Pawlowski, Philadelphia PD (Murdered February 13, 2009)



Yesterday, I wept.
I wept for Officer Pawlowski , another brother in blue, slaughtered senselessly by someone with no regard for human life.


And I wept for his wife, who will never again have the pleasure of feeling her husband’s arms around her or hearing a whispered, “I love you”.

And I wept for their unborn child, who will come into this world without a father and learn early on that it’s, at times, a cruel and hideous place.

And I wept for the officer’s in the City of Philadelphia; who go to work every day underpaid, understaffed, undertrained and underequipped and try to put a tourniquet on a city that’s bleeding out.

And I wept for the City of Philadelphia which can never be “the next great city” until this violence and disregard for life is ended.

And I wept for the citizens of the City of Philadelphia who seem to take the news of another officer’s death so much in stride that they’re not “up-in-arms’ and demanding that something be done.

And when there were no more tears to weep, I prayed. For all the same people that I had been weeping. May God look after them in their sorrow and assist the officer’s and leader’s of this city in their mission.

1 comment:

BettyShmetty said...

Well said my friend. What a sad tragedy for you and all the other citizens of Phillie.